How to demonstrate that you are the best candidate for the job and stand out from the competition?
(Wouldn’t you like to know the actual interview questions you will be asked along with the best sample answers and the winning interview success formula to guarantee yourself the job?)
Business Analyst Interviews can be tricky; and challenging but they don’t have to be. It is no secret; Business Analyst interviewers are looking for a specific type of individual and can often be described as “picky”. After 11 rejection letters, I can confirm that they are not only picky but meticulously selective.
Why are Business Analyst Interviewers so selective?
It all has to do with project success. I have a personal story, a couple years ago – our organization was part of a project to utilize Oracles accounting software to streamline our general ledger. This would involve deactivating 8 software programs currently in use and migrating to one software platform.
More than 50 million dollars over 5 years was invested, leading subject matter experts were hired and a new heavy weight management team was put in place. Unfortunately, they made poor decisions when they hired their business analysts.
18 months later nothing had happened in terms of implementation and deactivating the other 8 software programs. Our Business Analysts were way in over their head – they didn’t even know where to begin.
55 million dollar loss due to ineffective business analysts
Management tried in vain to save the project but in the end it failed. The company had to write off 55 million dollars and suffered a financial and reputational set back.
After the fact, management asked the Business Analysts what went wrong and they blamed the fact that departments were too silo’d and it was too difficult to get the communication going.
At the end of the day as Business Analysts YOU are responsible to get the communication going, to drive the project regardless of the obstacles. If someone doesn’t email you back, you phone them, if they don’t return your call, you leave a note on their desk, if they don’t respond, escalate the problem to management. As you can imagine none of these things happened and as a result the project failed.
Effective Business Analysts are critical to project success
Companies now understand the importance of hiring competent Business Analysts as it can mean the success or failure of core projects.
This is huge.
Imagine, your bank gave you a loan for 2 million dollars to build your dream home. Would you hire the first contractor that promised you the moon?
Probably not, instead you will find the best contractor for the job.
You will be selective.
Business Analyst Interviewers are no different, they understand that the hiring decisions they make today will impact the projects budget, timeline and overall success.
They must make the right hiring decisions and you must demonstrate that you are the best person for the job.
Presenting the Cracking the Business Analyst Interview Prep-Course
The Cracking the Business Analyst Interview Prep-Course is the complete system that enables you to effectively present yourself as the best candidate for the position…regardless of your background, experience or education.
The prep-course will take you through the basics, and flow through to the “Masterclass” material to ensure that you ace your Business Analyst Interview
A quick note here, this is a “Prep-Course” not a “novel” – there is a difference. A novel is just something you read. A Prep-Course is learning tool that requires active participation from the reader. This means that you will be actively involved in practicing the interview questions, answers and developing stories that you will use in your interview.
Don’t expect to just read and watch the prep-course notes and videos and expect to instantly transform yourself into the perfect candidate. You must be actively involved through your preparation. If you are not willing to put in the time to prepare then please don’t buy the prep-course. It is not for you.
We will also cover, what are Business Analyst Interviewers precisely looking for in a candidate?
How you can structure your answers in a manner that will instantly impress the interviewer.
How to use the Winning Interview Success Formula and communicate your best examples to hit the interviewer’s checkmarks right across the board.
Why creating a WAI statement will ensure that you keep focused on what you need to get across during the limited time you have during your interview.
Mock Business Analyst Interview Coaching Calls
Along with the Business Analyst Interview Prep-Book and Business Analyst Interview Success WorkShop videos, I have included multiple coaching calls I have done with my members.
Take a listen below for some snippet`s from those Coaching Calls:
Here are some of the additional concepts you will learn:
A Tiny Insight into What You’ll Learn
- Interview Questions. The prep-course contains the actual interview questions utilized by Business Analyst Interviewers with the best way to answer them. These Interview questions were obtained from a survey of the leading BA interviewers/ recruiters, along with the questions I ask during my interviews. If it is not on this list, then it is not in your Business Analyst Interview!
- Interview Answers. What’s the point of having a list of interview questions without having an understanding on how to answer them. It’s like having half the map to a million dollar treasure, it will only get you half way there (if at all). The Prep-Course contains the best sample answers along with a discussion of what the BA interviewer is looking for (you will get this for every single interview question). That’s right, every one of em.
- Secret Winning Interview Formula. I will go over how to effectively improve your communication skills by showing you how to structure your answers in a way that instantly impresses the interviewer. Most business analyst candidates make this mistake and it drives interviewers crazy!
- WAI Statement. This fundamental concept is the beginning of your BA Interview Preparation. WAI stands for = “Who Am I”, you can’t go into an interview room presenting who you are, what you stand for and why you are the best person for the job, when you don’t have a clear picture of what you bring to the table. The WAI statement clarifies all of that, and will enable you to lead with your best foot first.
- “Show,” Don’t “Tell”. You may have noticed that interviewers are very keen on results. However, most candidates don’t know how to accurately articulate this and instead end up “telling” the interviewer about their success instead of “showing and demonstrating.” They don’t mean the same thing and can be the difference between obtaining a job offer or a polite rejection letter. I cover this on page 52 in the prep-book.
- Interview Don’ts. Understanding what you should do is important, but having a sense of what you shouldn’t do in a Business Analyst interview is key to having a successful interview.
- “Two Words Formula”. I will introduce you to the two of the most important words in ensuring interview success, and how to use this formula to present all of your answers.
- Closing Statements. I have hired hundreds of business analysts and interviewed hundreds more. I have found that those who make a great “last” impression making a “lasting” one. In this module I show you what to do to make a great “lasting impression”.
But what’s the uniqueness of the Cracking the Business Analyst Interview Prep-Course?
1) Cracking the Business Analyst Interview Prep-Book
The Cracking the Business Analyst Interview Prep-Book explains all the concepts, strategies, and techniques in great detail. It will give you the entire sequence; it contains the Business Analyst Interview Questions, Discussions, Best Sample Answers and more. Once you read the prep-book, you will have a clear idea of what to expect and what to do to ensure that you stand out from the competition.
You will be able to download the book and start reading immediately.
“Before I took the Cracking the Business Analyst Interview Prep-Course, I was somewhat skeptical about the process.”
I followed through with the course somewhat grudgingly. First, I discovered an innovative way to present myself in the interview that was unique in its approach. After all, I had reasoned, who could really compete with Andy’s course – why even try? Some synergy and excitement grew about the possibilities of the process of finally finding a solution to doing better at my B.A interview.
Next, I worked through the business analyst interview questions, but kept procrastinating over. As I played emperor, I was amazed at how much better I could present myself to the interviewer. Combining that with other concepts in the course was not that hard; it was very enlightening. And I felt “lightened” up – not carrying the burden of trying to figure out what I would say in my interview. And surprisingly enough, I found more energy once I went through the course. So, I’m converted. I think the prep-course and the process are invaluable. I especially like the winning interview prep-combo and the B.A specific interview questions/ answers.
Since I purchased the prep-course, I was able to obtain my very first business analyst position – I never thought I would be able to get it as I have a developer background with no business analyst experience. I am forever a fan!
Dave Pipitone Streamwood, IL USA
What is the agenda for this course?
Here’s the outline of what you’ll learn in the course:
- The Unusual Obstacle
- The Business Analyst Inteview Prep-Course
- The Magic Solution
- The Business Analyst Interview
- Three core methods of getting to uniqueness
- How to use the Hiring Mangers “Need” to make your case
- Business Analyst Behavioral Competencies and Attributes
- Why Demonstrating Confidence is Essential
- Key Attributes Interviewers Look For in A Business Analyst Hire
- Nine Core Characteristics the Business Analyst Interviewer is Looking For
- How to demonstrate Independence, Interactive Acumen and Fit to the Interviewer
- Why Investigative Curiosity is Essential For a Business Analyst Hire
- How To Use The “SDT” Formula to Form the Basis of your Answer
- Sample Interview Answer Demonstrating the SDT in Action and How you can use it too
- The “Two-Word” Success Formula
- The Most Important Phrase in Your BA Interview Arsenal
- How to Clearly Structure Your Answer To Best Showcase Your Experience
- The Winning Interview Preparation Combo
- How to use the WIPC to Formulate Your Answers
- About Business Analyst Interviews & Behavioral Interviewing
- Interview Don’ts
- Why you absolutely must avoid making these 6 mistakes in your Business Analyst Interview
- Actual Business Analyst Interview Questions, Discussion and Interview Answers
- Sample BA Interview Questions to Begin your Preparation Process
- Why you must structure you interview answers to maximize impact
As mentioned before: This course is not designed to be an info-dump, but a complete system to thoroughly prepare you for your Business Analyst Interview, such as WAI statements, layering, Business Analyst Terminologies and actual interview questions/ answers to get you started on preparing right away. Plus various media such as audio, text, video, check lists etc. And so that the learning experience translates into better understanding, which in turns leads to better implementation.
|How do you know if you are not wasting time preparing for your Business Analyst Interview by practicing the wrong questions, or worse formulating answers that make you look worse rather than better?The Business Analyst Interview Prep-Course gives you clear guidelines, actual interview questions, answers and more to thoroughly prepare yourself for your B.A interview.|
But what if you don’t get your value for money?
I recommend that you NEVER buy anything that isn’t 100% guaranteed. And with this prep-course you get the ‘Iron-Clad Money Back Guarantee’. Which means that if you decide all this information is rubbish, you can literally email me and I’ll give you all your money back. With no questions asked.
Return it within 60 days for a complete refund. And I’ll be happy to refund your money with a smile.
Complete Details of The Cracking the Business Analyst Interview Prep-Course
Format: Do I get just an e-book? Or can I get audio?
Delivery: How is the information delivered?
Payment Methods: Can I pay by credit card? Cheque? Paypal?
Currency: Are all the payments in US Dollars only? Is there a special for any country?
Compatibility: Will it play on my Mac or PC?
Guarantee: Is there a guarantee?
Support: Do I get any support? Is this compatible both for PC and Macs?: Short answer: Yes it is!
Format: You get an ebook. This is a book in PDF. But it’s not your average run of the mill book. It’s been professionally designed and proof-read. And you get audio files (again professionally created) that consist of the Business Analyst Interview Success workshop. (Note: Audio only available as part of Premium offer–see below).
Delivery: The information is delivered via the Internet. You are taken to a download page where you get very, very detailed instructions (the page itself is worth seeing) on how to download the e-book and/or audio book.
Payment Methods: You can pay via credit card and via Paypal. And on request, via a snail-mail cheque. Of course the fastest system is the credit card system, and the slowest is the cheque, because we’ll need the cheque to clear before you get access to the information.
Currency: All payments are in US Dollars. The system will convert the USD amount to your own currency when you get your credit card statement. In some cases, depending on where you’re from, you may be able to see the conversion rate in your own currency before you pay (this feature is not available for all currencies). Is there a special?: The price is the same for all our customers. There’s no special for any country.
Compatibility: Is this information compatible both for Mac and PCs. Yes it is. And if you get the audio as well, the audio files are compatible with all mp3 players, computers, etc. And yes, there are also instructions on how to put the audio onto CD or onto your mp3 player.
Guarantee: Yes there is a guarantee. It’s a 60 days ‘Iron Clad Money Back Guarantee’. This means i’ll refund your money with a smile if you find the products not to be as you expected. The smile is important. If you don’t feel the information works for you, I will issue a prompt refund. All you have to do is email or call me.
Support: Depends what you mean by support. The information has all been tested for various computers and devices. And it works. If you have an issue getting the files to open or play, you can indeed email me and I’ll do the best I can to help you. I know that last line sounds waffly, but we’ve done loads of tests so that you don’t have this problem at all. However I do respond to email in 17 hours or less. So yes, I’m around. 🙂
#1 Big Bonus:
1) Business Analyst Interview Success WorkShop Video #4: Tips from a Business Analyst Recruiter & Core Characteristics Defined
In this video bonus, I go over some essential tips to help you in your business analyst interview. Video Length: 9:23 minutes.
# 2 Big Bonus:
2) Business Analyst Interview Success Workshop Video # 6: How to use 5 Business Analyst Terms to Demonstrate FIT and Effortlessly Stand Our in your Interview. In this video bonus I go over the concept of FIT and how to use 5 Business Analyst Terms to demonstrate FIT in your interview. In a nutshell, the interviewer sole concern is not your padded resume, your education background or even your highly regarded reference letter.
If you got the interview, chances are they have already considered these factors. During the interview they are now looking for that last piece of the puzzle, before they can offer you the position and that is FIT. Will you FIT with the department?, the culture?, the organizations ethos? and most importantly will you FIT with the people?
In this premium workshop video I tackle these questions and provide an indepth overview of how you can demonstrate that FIT. Video Length: 10:16 minutes.
How do I purchase the Cracking the Business Analyst Prep-Course right away?
Click on one of the payment options below. You will directed to a payment page, where you can choose which method of payment you prefer (Credit Card, Paypal etc). Thereafter, you will be directed to the membership page where you can fill out your details. Finally, login and receive immediate access to all the prep-course materials.
|Important Note: Cracking the Business Analyst Interview Prep-Course is a digital download.|
YES I have read the conditions and I fulfill all of them. I am ready to buy the Cracking the Business Analyst Interview Prep-Course! I don’t want to miss out!
|Premium Power Kit|
|Cracking the Business Analyst Interview Prep-Course||
|Mock Business Analyst Interview Coaching Calls (4 Audio Files)|
|BONUS VIDEO: Workshop Module #4 – Tips from a Business Analyst Recruiter & Core Characteristics Defined (valued at $35)||
|BONUS VIDEO: Workshop Module #5 – How to use 5 Business Analyst Terms to Demonstrate FIT and Effortlessly Stand out in your interview (valued at $35)||
|BONUS (VIDEO + AUDIO + PDF): Complete Access to All The Workshop Videos: Business Analyst Interview Success Workshop Audio + Document (MP3 + PDF) (valued at $97)||
|Two Questions Answered via eMail by Andy||
US$59 (This special is only valid for this page)
US$67 (This special is only valid for this page)
|Pay Safely With Any Of The Options Below|
|To pay by credit card (on the left)||
|To pay by PayPal (on the right)||
Important Usage: What will happen once you click the button. 1) You will be taken to a page where you can fill in your credit card or payment details. 2) Once you pay you will be taken to a form. 3) On this form please fill in your details. You will then receive an email from me with more details.
Andy Hart – Obsessed with Business Analyst Interviews 🙂
P.S. If you need this prep-course, and are hesitating, just remember that he or she who hesitates is lost. The law of nature is simple: Sow and you shall reap. You have to be prepared to sacrifice today, for even greater gain tomorrow. Like you, even I struggled through the interview process. I too was scared and still am, when I have to make a big decision. But I know from experience, that if I don’t make the sacrifice earlier, I never get ahead in life. If you want to get ahead in life, this is your moment. Don’t hesitate.
Questions? If you have questions, please email me at email@example.com, and let me know how I can help.
Goods and services provided by MyBAInterview.com
ClickBank is the retailer of products on this site. CLICKBANK® is a registered trademark of Click Sales, Inc., a Delaware corporation located at 917 S. Lusk Street, Suite 200, Boise Idaho, 83706, USA and used by permission. ClickBank’s role as retailer does not constitute an endorsement, approval or review of these products or any claim, statement or opinion used in promotion of these products.